The very first thing you need to keep in mind is that each file that comes with the apk extension will work on Android OS. Apk is simply an abbreviation for android package and following this any file with .apk extension is suggested to get installed on android phone devices. However, there are times when you need an application and it is only available in apk format and you own an apple device like an iPad. So what will you do? You need to do something to install it.
If this is your concern, this article is for you. Here we have mentioned how you can open an apk file in your apple device i.e. iPad.
Opening and Installing APK Files on IOS
For installing android file extension on iOS, here we have two methods.
Note that apk files are unable to get locally installed on an iOS device. However, there are a few emulators that you can make use to run an android application on your iPad.
Take a look below mentioning the way you can open an apk file on iPad with the use of the free DALUK emulator for iOS.
First you need to jailbreak your ipad and then install the Cydia application and then follow these steps;
- Begin with downloading and installing Dalvik Android emulator for iOS from any reputable website on your iPad.
- After this, you need to download the respective apk file and move it to the internal storage space of your iPad.
- Now install the apk file extension of that android application on your iOS device with the use of DALOK android emulator application.
- Now you can successfully open the apk file on your iPad.
These are the steps that you need to follow for installing an apk file on your iPad.
- Begin with downloading the tutu app apk iOS.
- Now make the installation in the same way as tapping and installing again.
- You will need to wait a bit for the installation process to complete.
- While waiting, go to settings of your device then general and profile option and trust the device management and the developer.
- Until now your tutu app has been installed.
- Open the tutu application and search for any application you have in your mind.
- Then download whatever application you need. Simply click the download button you will see and your download will begin.
- Note that, you manually need to allow the installation of a new app on your iPad that you are installing via tutu app.
Best Android Emulators for iOS
There are many different times when you need to use an android emulator for iOS, so here are a few best android emulators that you can use.
This android emulator is the most leading and considered as the best apple iOS emulator. iAndroid comprises quite an easy interface that is user friendly. Yes, it would be a bit difficult for a novice to understand it but giving it sometime can definitely make you understand and work on it quite well. It has all the features you need to enjoy your favorite android apps on your iPad.
Alien Dalvik Emulator
This is another potential emulator that you can use for your iOS devices. This emulator is developed by Myriad and it is able to work on several devices like iOS devices, streaming media devices and set-top boxes. Alien Dalvik offers you another level of customization so it makes everything easy for you to manage and work with. It can work with your iPad smoothly without making you get into any glitches or bugs.
If you are a fan of games then this is the emulator you need. GBA4iOS is a common application that makes you play the series and various console games easily on your iOS device. This emulator gives you complete accessibility to download and install ROM files from the web browser and import it to the app. It is worth it to use an emulator for your iOS needs.
How To Convert an APK File to IOS File?
If you have never experienced iOS development then consider using MechDome for the conversion of apk files to iOS. MechDome makes it quite easy to convert an apk file to an iOS file for you to access it on your iPad.
Follow the below mentioned steps to convert android apk file into iOS file.
- Get your compiled android apk file and upload it to the MechDome in a compatible file format.
- Now there will be an option where you need to select whether you will create an iOS app for a simulator or a real device.
- After this, the process will be swift and your apk file will be instantly converted into an iOS app. In fact, MechDome is also liable to optimize the file for your device.
- Now you are done with the conversion. Simply download the new iOS app and begin using it.
Benefits of MechDome
You should consider using MechDome because of its following benefits.
- It saves the development time of iOS.
- The entire team is required to maintain one codebase only for the android app. You only create features for the android app.
- It makes it easy to upgrade to a new iOS release, all you do is to reconvert your app.
- You use your whole android app code again.
- It is not all about converting new apps, but it allows you to convert your existing application too.
- MechDome does not demand any proprietary tools or separate training for you to get the conversion done.
Apk File for iOS
Apk is for android and similarly IPA is for iOS. IPA files are the same as apk files but these applications are only for apple devices like iPhone, iPad, and iPot touch. You can download such files easily from the Apple iTunes app store and easily transfer to any iOS device. However, it needs to be connected to the computer.
If you have knowledge about apk files then for sure it becomes fun to work with. However, it has some complexity for an iPad that you need to cope with for working. The basic thing to keep in mind is that the apk file is not for iPad and thus you need to strive a bit to make it work. This article has ways that you can follow to make apk file run on iOS. Hopefully it will help you to install and open apk files on your iPad.