On Amazon’s FireTV, a specifically modified variant of Android works that can support nearly any mobile software. Most of your favorite apps are available on Amazon Appstore, but specific programs from an unknown source are unavailable. In that case, all you have to do is install the APK files on the Firestick. So how to install APK on Firestick? Let’s learn with us.
So you may install a program from an unknown source on the FireTV, it may not function properly or work at all. For example, an app designed for the touch-based tablet will not operate with a remote. You could still give these apps a go. Let’s start our article about installing APK files on Firestick by following this instruction.
APK file installation using a smartphone
With the aid of apps like Koni’s Apps2Fire, an Android device is an excellent alternative for copying any App to a FireTV device. You may download it from the Google Play Store. Apps2Fire allows you to copy and move the APK loaded on your Android mobile to your Firestick device.
You must go first ON Debugging Mode on your FireTV before you can install Apps2Fire. The method to ON debugging Mode is as follows.
Method to activate debugging Mode
- Switch on the Firestick.
- Navigate to settings.
- Click on “my fire tv”.
- Now, click on the “developers option”.
- Click on ADB Debugging to enable it.
- Now click on “Apps From Unknown Sources”.
Install APK on Firestick with Apps2Fire
To begin the installation process, start Apps2Fire and follow the onscreen instructions. Once this is completed, navigate to the Setup page and select FireTV from the connections. Ensure your FireTV device is turned on for the Apps2Fire app to track and locate it. If the program is still unable to identify your device, input the IP address of your FireTV into the software.
To check out the IP address of the FireTV
- Go to settings.
- Click on “My Fire Tv”.
- Tap on About.
- Now click on “Networks on your Fire Tv”.
On the right side of the screen, you will see the device’s IP address on which you are working.
You will be able to select APK from the collection of downloaded APK on your smartphone once the setting has been completed. Otherwise, you may choose an APK file of an app that is already installed on your smartphone. You may accomplish this by tapping on the Upload button in the program’s top-right corner and going to the Downloads folder.
The installation procedure will begin as soon as you have finished selecting your application. The speed with which the app installs on your FireTV is determined by the settings of your device and the strength of your Internet connection. After your app has been successfully installed, it will appear in the ‘Your Apps and Channels’ area of FireTV’s Homepage.
APK file installation using computer
An alternative option for installing APK files on the Firestick is to use a computer to perform the installation. The stages may seem a little lengthy, but they are effortless to comprehend and put into action. Keep reading to the conclusion of this article to discover how to use this approach. Before doing so, please make sure that the Computer and Firestick are linked to the same internet connection to function correctly.
Steps to follow on Firestick
- Switch on Firestick.
- In the search box, type ES File Explorer.
- Click on the ES File Explorer File Manager icon from the search result.
- Now download ES File Explorer File Manager on Firestick.
- After installation, click on it from the ‘Your Apps and Channels’ area’.
- ES File Explorer should have full access to your computer. It is required for the APK to operate correctly.
- From the home screen, click on “View On PC”.
- A new window open which shows the Wi-Fi network to which your device is now connected. Select TURN ON.
- An FTP address will now appear. It will begin to work very soon.
Steps to follow on the computer
- Download your desired APK file from the browser you want to install on Firestick.
- Open the desired folder you want to synchronize with Firestick.
- Now paste the FTP address of Firestick in the address bar of the folder.
- Now you will have all the folders of Firestick on your computer.
- Open the Download folder where you download the APK file.
- Copy and paste the APK file to the synchronized folder of the computer.
- Go to the ES File Explorer on Firestick.
- Open the local menu in it.
- You will see two home options in it.
- Click on the one without the home icon.
- Go to the folder in Firestick, where you pasted the APK file.
- Now tap on the APK file and install it.
Following the procedures outlined before will result in the installation of the APK on the Firestick device. Sideloading refers to the process of installing third-party programs in this manner. The two techniques described above are widely used for sideloading on Firestick devices. As you are probably aware, installing APKs on Firestick is relatively straightforward and requires no additional training or understanding. You can now install your favorite APKs on your FireTV device without any difficulty.