For your entertainment purpose, Samsung smart TV already comes with several cool pre-installed apps. However, if you know a new 3rd party application that you can use to get on your Samsung smart TV then you can do that. Such apps are like apk files that are not available on Google play store.
There are a lot of ways you can download apk files on your Samsung smart TV.
Installing apk files on your Samsung smart TV is possible by using the command prompt on your computer or installing them via a USB drive. But the easiest way you can make this possible is simply by getting a streaming device like Chromecast or Firestick.
Also note that regardless of the popular belief, it is not illegal to download apps from third parties like apk files. It is because these are simply the usual apps available in other places apart from the app store.
Here are a few ways you can download and install apk files on Samsung smart TV.
Addition to The App Section of Samsung Smart TV:
For sure, a smart TV would be useless if you are unable to edit its app section which means adding new apps and deleting the previous ones according to your want. These are the things that you can do to Samsung smart TV’s app section.
- You can easily download any application from the play store. Also, you can download any other third-party app to your Samsung TV.
- By navigating to the Apps option on the home screen of your device, it enables you to add the whole set of preinstalled apps.
Keep in mind that you need to have a computer with proper internet connection for your download to complete. Also, both devices, smart TV and your computer need to have the same IP address for your download to be successful.
Installing APK Files on Samsung Smart TV:
Yes it is possible to install apk files on Samsung smart TV. However there is still an issue that is if you have a Samsung smart TV that is based on Tizen operating system then you are unable to sideload any apps or apk files. But there are some models of smart TV that were made before 2015 that still allows you to download apk files.
For doing so, you need to enable the developer’s mode on your smart TV, toggle on the option of installation from unknown sources and from there you need to select a few options. Either you can use the command prompt on your computer or USB drive to install apk files on your smart TV.
Here are these downloading methods in detail.
Before initiating your third-party app download, you need to enable two major options. The first option that needs to get enabled is the developer mode and the second one is installation from unknown sources.
Steps To Enable Developer Mode:
- From your device’s settings menu, go to the Samsung smart Hub. There, click onto the apps option.
- Your TV will ask you for a pin to access this option. There is a default pin that you need to enter, which is 12345.
- Now you will see a new window that is the developer mode. Turn this option on and enter the IP address of your computer that you use to download the third party apps.
- Lastly, you just need to reboot your smart TV, which means turn it off and on again.
Steps to Enable “Installation from Unknown Sources” Option:
- Go to the settings of your Smart TV and click onto the personal tab option.
- In this tab, access to the option of security.
- From this security option, you will see a button for enabling unknown sources.
- Toggle it on to allow the final download of third party apps that you want in your device.
Method 1: Downloading APK Files via Command Prompt:
After going through the prerequisites now you can finally move to actually downloading and installing apk files on your Samsung Smart TV. Follow this method to download files via the command prompt on your computer. Here are the steps that you need to follow;
- On the settings of your smart TV, go to network option and get the IP address and note it down. You need that to type on the command prompt.
- There are a lot of websites that give you apk files that are free from any bugs. Select the website of your choice and download the apk file from that source.
- Now go to your windows computer, on the search bar, run the command prompt. Keep in mind to run it as an administrator by right clicking on its name.
- Run this command – adb connect ABS.XYZ.w.mno. These letters are the IP address of your TV and here you need to enter what you noted previously from the network settings. After this step, your computer will get connected to your TV via Wi-Fi. Again run the command that is install C/app.apk. Here the C was the drive we have used to download the apk file initially. Make sure to input the drive where you downloaded your apk file. Let it rest for a bit and then your application will be downloaded on your Smart TV.
- Disconnect both of your devices by ADB disconnect and your IP address.
- Now you can enjoy your new apk file on your Samsung smart TV.
Method 2: Adding Apps to Samsung Smart TV through USB:
The second way is to install apk files by using a USB drive. Here are the steps that you need to follow;
- Download the apk file from any of your desired websites. Download that on your computer and must ensure that it is an apk file.
- Now simply transfer that file to your USB drive. Then insert that USB on your Samsung smart TV.
- Access the USB the way you usually do. Enter the folders and files and check if your apk file is there.
- Click that to begin the installation of your file and follow the instruction you see on your screen to finish that installation process.
- After the completion of the process you will see that apk file on your Smart TV that you can enjoy.
Method 3: Installing APK File on Samsung Smart TV:
It is also possible to download the apk file on your TV directly. However, this needs you to have a browser option. This does not even require a computer. Here are the steps you need to follow for this.
- Search for a certain website of your choice from where you want to download the apk file and open it on your browser.
- Find out the application that you want and click on it.
- After selecting it on your browser, download the app. Wait a bit to let it download and after it’s done click on it to begin the installation process.
- Now you will see a few instructions on your Smart TV screen that you should follow to complete the installation process.
For sure, Samsung Smart TV is an ideal option for all those who like to spend their time watching stuff. However, there are several app store limitations that demotivate people to buy it. But nothing is impossible, all it takes is a bit of time and work that makes things possible and easy for you. The lack of apps makes you go for third party apps. This article elaborates about the ways you can install apk files on your smart TV. Hopefully it will help you enjoy your favorite apps.